Bill Heinlein – Winner 2018
Lelia Lovis – Winner 2019
About the Award
Age-Friendly Thunder Bay recognizes seniors of distinction by acknowledging and celebrating one deserving senior from Thunder Bay and area each year. Age-Friendly Thunder Bay Senior Service Awards honour senior citizens who have made an outstanding voluntary contribution to enrich the social, cultural or civic life of our community.
- Be 65 years or older
- Have contributed to the enrichment of the social, cultural or civic life of the Thunder Bay community
- Have made this commitment without thought of personal or financial gain
- Not be a previous recipient of the award
- Provided the special work or service during/after the age of 65
- Be a current resident of Thunder Bay and/or District
Seniors who qualify for this award may have contributed to many different fields such as volunteering, the arts, literature, community service, education, fitness, environment, and humanitarian activities.
The Age-Friendly Thunder Bay executive will select the winner in September 2020.